CBD Oil Fresh Basil Pesto Recipe
What is Pesto Sauce?
Pesto is an Italian classic! Homemade pesto is one of the healthiest ways to enjoy that sweet and savory taste of fresh basil. Adding a few drops of USDA organic CBD tincture into the pesto sauce can benefit overall health, such as pain relief and reduce anxiety. The sauce is excellent on pasta, pizza, and bread. It is an easy way to put a meal together on a busy schedule.
Know the ingredients
Basil has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that help to improve your immune system and lower the risk of various diseases. It is an easy-growing herb that is always recommended to keep at home. Feel free to add more herbs; a handful of parsley or mint leaves to the recipe can enhance the taste and aroma experience.
Pine nuts are one of the most expensive ingredients in the world. However, it still doesn’t stop us from desiring their unique flavor and health benefits. Pine nuts are rich in protein, iron, and magnesium. They are also an excellent source of vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant to help protect the skin against aging, inflammation, and sun damage. If pine nuts are not easy to find, you can substitute them with walnuts, hazelnuts, or almonds.
Cheese is an excellent source of calcium, fat, and protein. These are the critical nutrients for healthy bones and teeth, blood clotting, wound healing, and maintaining normal blood pressure. Parmesan or pecorino is a classic choice. You can also make vegan pesto by substituting the cheese with non-dairy cheese.
This Italian classic is surprisingly easy to make and contains antioxidant properties. It is a great anti-inflammatory food choice. Adding USDA organic CBD tincture can give your overall immune system a boost. Scientific evidence has continued to prove that CBD products can potentially ease symptoms like chronic pain, anxiety, depression, inflammation, migraines, autoimmune disease, and more.
It can also be taken directly if you don’t wish to add CBD oil to the food. Regular intake can help CBD build up in your body to deliver more noticeable results. Taking CBD every day is safe and common practice, so don’t hesitate to make it your daily habit. If you wonder why to take CBD regularly, read Why Should You Take CBD Every Day.
- ½ cup (64 grams) pine nuts, lightly toasted
- ¾ cup (170-180ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups or 1 big bunch of fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup (85gram) finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt and a little black pepper
- 30 ml CBD oil
1. Toasted Pine nuts
- Preheat the oven to 160 -170°C, and toast for 5 minutes.
- Stir the pine nuts around and continue baking for another 3 minutes.
- Do not let the pine nuts burn. Set aside.
- Recommend to stay close to the oven. Different temperatures and times may result from using a conventional or a convection oven.
2. Blender or food processor:
- combine the basil, pine nuts, garlic, and pulse until finely chopped. Scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula.
- Add parmesan cheese, and pulse several times more. Scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula.
- Slowly pour in the extra virgin olive oil and broad spectrum CBD oil. Let the food processor run while enjoying the steady aroma streaming towards you.
- Place the pesto into a container.
- Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Optional: Add a few drops of fresh lemon juice
How to use CBD Oil fresh basil pesto sauce?
- Spread on bread
- Pesto dip for chips
- Stir into mashed potatoes
- Pesto butter sauce for grilled salmon
- Topping for the boiled eggs
- Pair with grilled shrimp
CBD oil fresh basil pesto sauce includes CBD oil, olive oil, nuts, and cheese, rich in unsaturated fat that may benefit the heart. Pesto is also full of antioxidants that can help protect your cells from damage—an easy and inexpensive recipe to make at home and great summer food to incorporate into your wellness journey.
Explore mindfulness living
The Wellness Journey explores holistic wellness: body, mind, and spirit. To look within means, you’re willing to embrace both the best and worst aspects of yourself by accepting who you truly are in this life. Mindfulness is not a destination. It will always be a journey.