Japanese Curry is one of my favorite dishes to prepare for my children, taste sweet and delicious!
Japanese curry is easy to make, I used the curry roux from the supermarket instead of making it from scratch!
If you are planning to use a roux to cooking for the kid, be aware of the spicy level. They’re usually three levels – mild, medium hot, and hot. Personally, I prefer medium-hot, but mild is definitely more kid-friendly.
Chicken, beef, or pork are commonly used as the main ingredient for the Japanese curry. but I make a little change to organic sausages today, kids love sausage!
I prefer to chop these ingredients into smaller pieces than the regular size, to make it easier for toddlers to eat. Some of you make like it in bigger blocks!
1. When potatoes are cut in bigger chunks, the sauce will be coated around them and absorbs the flavor.
2. The secret is to add grated apple and honey to enhance the flavor
- Garlic minced
- Olive oil
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- Grated apple
1. Cook the rice according to package instruction
2. Cut sausages, potatoes, carrot, and onion and set aside
3. sauté garlic over olive oil and add sausages, potatoes, carrot, and onion, continue to stir evenly.
4. When potatoes are starting to become transparent, add honey and grated apple, continue to mix evenly.
5. Add water (instruction of the water measurements should be given on the curry roux package) and bring it to boil.
6. Lower down the heat to simmer after it starts to boil and let it cook until all ingredients are ready.
7. Turn the heat off, add the curry block. Stir evenly until it melts.
Some curry roux in the market has already added the apple and honey. My apple is very likely to taste different than the apple you have. It is essential to find a connection with food. Keep trying and retrying to search the best taste for you and your family.