CBD-infused French Madeleines
Madeleine is a classic French tea cake made of butter, eggs, and flour. Our CBD-infused is carefully formulated for all moms that suffer from anxiety and stress. It is light, spongy cookies, a classic French favorite. Each madeleine cookie contains zero THC and approximately 2 mg of premium USDA organic certified CBD oil tincture – unflavored.
You can simply remove CBD oil from the recipe if you wish to share your amazing madeleines with your little ones.
Know Your Madeleine Ingredients
The most important lesson I’ve learned from various cooking classes is to know your food and connect yourself to the source of your ingredients. If you can pinpoint where your food was grown or produced and pay extra attention to the ingredients table on the label, you can make more informed decisions to maximize quality, freshness, and nutritional value.
I’ve tried French butter such as Isigny and Lescure butter, which are delicious in different ways. Isigny has an extra buttery flavor. However, they are generally not easy to find in a regular supermarket in Barcelona, so I stopped chasing after using real butter a while ago. Therefore, after searching for months! Kerrygold Pure Irish Unsalted Butter has become my family’s favorite after moving to Spain, the butter is raw from farm grass-fed cows, and no pesticide is sprayed on grass or plants. Kerrygold is a high-end organic butter that has a rich, unique flavor.
Japanese white sugar (jouhakutou)
Jouhakutou is the most popular and least expensive sugar you find in the Japanese supermarket. I’m a big fan of the Japanese diet. They use mainly fresh and unprocessed ingredients, with minimal refined foods and sugar. In general, Japanese sugar is thinner than most countries like Taiwan. The texture is moist compared to caster sugar.
The primary function of the baking powder is to moisten, releasing carbon dioxide to cause baked goods to rise. The most popular brand is Rumford, preferably without aluminum packaging; it costs a bit more than the standard baking powder, but it will improve the flavor of your baked goods significantly.
Numerous types of lemons are cultivated worldwide. Though they seem to taste the same, they don’t feel quite the same as they do after mixing with sugar or water. The acidic and sweet levels may not always be equal as well. Based on the formula below, I have balanced lemon and milk equally with 10 grams. Go ahead and play around with the measure. In my family, we prefer 15g lemon juice and 5g milk, with more lemon and less buttery flavor.
Premium CBD Tincture
In the last few years, CBD has become so mainstream. It promotes relief for anxiety, depression, chronic pain, and more. It also improves your sleeping quality. CBD is “nonpsychoactive,” and consumers can receive the health benefits from the cannabis without feeling high.
How to make CBD-infused French Madeleines
- Whole egg (room temperature) 55g
- White sugar 45g
- Butter (melt) 70g
- All-purpose flour 70g
- Baking powder 2g
- Milk 5g
- Lemon juice 15g
- Half lemon zested
- CBD oil 30mg
- Mix half lemon zest with the white sugar, and set aside.
- Mix milk with lemon juice and set aside.
- Melt butter over the pan, and set aside to cool down.
- Mix CBD oil with melted butter.
- Brush the Madeleine tray with room temperature (Soft) butter and coat with a thin layer of flour. You can leave the tray inside the fridge first.
- Whisk egg first until light, and then gradually add sugar. Continue beating until a thick and pale form.
- Add flour into the egg mixture, 1/3 at a time, and use specula to fold evenly.
- Add lemon zest and continue to fold gently.
- Add melted butter gradually, ensure it is at room temperature, and add it at separate times.
- Cover and leave in the fridge to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Carefully pour into Madeline’s tray and bake for 11 minutes. Turn the heat down to 170 degrees and bake for another 3 minutes.
You can remove CBD oil from the recipe if you wish to share your amazing madeleines with your little ones.