Top 3 Multicultural Family-friendly Cities on Earth!
Parenthood is a marathon, and for an apparent reason that parents want to provide the best education, opportunity, environment, clothing, food, etc., to our little kids. However, If you are a multicultural family like us, you may be facing some unique parenting situations.
Multicultural families are characterized by a cross-cultural marriage, often involved with two people from different backgrounds, races, ethnicities, and nationalities sharing life. A multicultural family often searches for an environment that can provide sufficient diverse exposure, where society and education have opened dialogues for differences and similarities regularly. We seek a place where it gives our multicultural kids open access to different cultures that encourage a global mindset in kids.
To find out the top child-friendly cities, I took data from U.S News & World Reports’ annual “best countries” ranking & Homeday’s “The Best Cities for Families Worldwide. The researches are conducted based on the following attributes: care for human rights, family-friendly, gender equality, happiness, income equality, level of safety, well-developed public education system, and well-developed health care system.
The Best Cities for Raising Kids
If you are seeking a family-friendly city to start a new living abroad life, we often consider things such as:
- Plenty of indoor and outdoor public space, such as a park, playground, and museum.
- Affordable and spacious housing, also the neighborhood’s proximity to family need is essential.
- Family friend city design, such as sufficient pedestrian crosswalks, stroller-friendly streets, and street safety.
- The overall functions of the transportation system should be convenient.
- Last but not least, a decent and affordable education and healthcare system.
Top Multicultural City in the World
Multicultural cities are defined as the presence of people with several cultural identities and ethnic groups, structuring communities in a city. These groups of people are different in norms, values, languages, beliefs, and more.
According to World Atlas, some of the most diverse cities in the world are,
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Sao Paulo
Finally, Top THREE Multicultural Family-friendly Cities
How about Barcelona, Spain?
Unfortunately, affordable housing and job market opportunities remain weak in Spain.
Here are some facts about Barcelona, Spain:
- #16 overall ranking the best countries for raising kids.
- 10 out of 10 happiness index.
- 9.8 out of 10 on the heritage/ cultural index.
- 10 out of 10 family-friendly.
- 1.6 million population of 174 nationalities and 20% foreign born.
- 300 languages spoken.
Every family has a different story, background, goals, and value. No matter where you choose, it is going to be an incredible adventure for the family.